Uncovering how the stories of our spiritual ancestors can be blueprints for our own ministries.
July 29, 2017
pop-up location: Plymouth Jazz and Justice Church in Oakland, CA
Join Deacon Christine Haider-Winnett, RCWP and Rev. Joellynn Monahan, Abbess of Heart of Wisdom Monastery for a full-day retreat as we raise up and honor the voices of people who have been marginalized from church leadership because of their genders.
We will learn at the feet of mystics, preachers and ministers throughout Christian history, including:
- St. Hildegard of Bingen (Germany, 12th century)
- Thea Bowman (Southern United States, modern times)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe (appeared in Mexico, 16th century)
- Rose of Viterbo (Italy, 13th Century)
- Mary Magdalene (Middle East, 1st century)
- Share deeply about the stories of our own call and learn about women called throughout the ages
- Sing, collage and create a shared altar together
- Take time to rest, pray and engage in sacred silence
- Gather for prayer together throughout the day